Training and Workshops
The Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action provides training to the Vassar College community, including all staff (full-time, part-time, student workers), faculty, and students.
Workshops and seminars are interactive, providing participants with opportunities to engage in discussion and activities that challenge existing perspectives while understanding those that differ.
Training and education can be customized to meet the needs of the unit, department, or group. For further information or to schedule a program in your department or group, please contact the EOAA Office.
Blueprint for Recruiting a Diverse Faculty and Staff – This workshop explores the best practices in recruiting a diverse faculty/staff. Best practices to be explored include: writing job descriptions to include diversity competencies, marketing strategies, and tips on how to field a diverse applicant pool. This is an interactive 1 ½ hour session.
Sexual Harassment Prevention Training – All employees of Vassar College are required to complete a self-paced sexual harassment training program entitled “Preventing Sexual Harassment." This program instructs the employee on the various aspects of sexual harassment in the workplace.
This online program focuses on the prevention of sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace. It uses case studies to highlight what is and isn’t sexual harassment and gender discrimination. The course takes approximately 45 minutes to complete, including the mastery test.
The program may be accessed at: On-Line Training Modules
- First-time users should select the link to create a new account on the right side of the screen
- Use this institution registration code: 0089-SC37-XY12
- Provide specific information about your role at the institution and then create a username and password
- Use your username and password each time you log in to the LMS using the link provided in step 1.
- Begin the course with Module 1, “Introduction”.
- Once completed with all the modules, please select the "certificate" link (this can be found under the final module).