ADA/504 Coordinator Job Description
Responsibilities and Duties
The ADA/504 coordinator’s responsibilities include assuring compliance with the Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Act, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to persons with disabilities.
The ADA/504 coordinator is responsible for coordinating Vassar College policies and procedures relating to persons with disabilities, tracking college progress relating to its policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws relating to persons with disabilities, filing all necessary reports, and providing consultative services to employing units and offices.
Central Planning Responsibilities:
- Serves as the principal planning coordinator for Vassar College programs, policies, and procedures relating to college compliance and the promotion of opportunities for persons with disabilities.
Compliance Process Responsibilities:
- Ensures that appropriate processes are in place to provide for the prompt and equitable resolution of complaints and inquiries from Vassar College employees and students, as well as the public regarding compliance with the ADA and other applicable federal and state laws regarding discrimination on the basis of disability.
- Investigates allegations of discrimination and non-compliance under the ADA and other applicable federal and state laws regarding discrimination on the basis of disability.
- Maintains a record of all disability and accommodation issues and the resolution of each.
- Maintains current information regarding state and federal laws and regulations as well as the best practices of other college/universities and private employers concerning the rights of persons with disabilities and ways of providing reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities while maintaining program performance standards.
- Maintains current information regarding state and federal laws and regulations as well as the best practices of other college/universities and private employers relating to the college’s employment policies and procedures for faculty, staff and academic professional employees with disabilities.
Central Consulting and Outreach Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains written materials and other informational pieces to broadly disseminate information regarding the ADA and the college’s policies relating to persons with disabilities.
- Designs and participates in the development of presentations for students, faculty and staff on the provision of equal opportunity for persons with disabilities.
- Coordinates with various Vassar College offices with campuswide responsibilities relating to compliance, including but not limited to:
- Serves as the primary Vassar College liaison with relevant state and federal agencies, as well as other ADA coordinators at colleague institutions and associations.